Mini Chile Relleno Casseroles
Everyone gets an individual portion with this vegetarian, Tex-Mex mini casserole. A normal-size casserole like this would take close to an hour to bake — these are ready in half the time.
Servings: 4 servings, 10 oz. each
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Total time: 35 – 45 minutes
- 2 4-ounce cans diced green chiles, drained and patted dry
- 3/4 cup frozen corn, thawed and patted dry
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups nonfat milk
- 6 large egg whites
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat four 10-ounce heatproof ramekins with cooking spray and place on a baking sheet.
- Equally divide green chiles, corn and scallions among the ramekins. Top each with cheese. Whisk milk, egg whites, eggs and salt in a medium bowl until combined. Divide the egg mixture evenly among the ramekins.
- Bake the mini casseroles until the tops begin to brown and the eggs are set, about 35 minutes.
Calories: 213; Carbohydrates: 14g; Fat: 7g; Saturated Fat: 3g; Monounsaturated Fat: 3g; Protein: 23g; Cholesterol: 219mg; Dietary Fiber: 2g; Sodium: 725mg