Need for Dental Insurance Among Seniors on The Rise
Lack of Medicare dental coverage, a growing senior population, and dental care-related medical concerns are increasing the demand for Senior Dental insurance, according to CSG Actuarial’s Competitive Intelligence Guide.
Some statistics from the report:
- The 65-74 year old population will increase from 6% in 2007 to 9% by 2050
- The 75 year old and older population will increase from 6% in 2007 to 11% in 2050
- The percent of the senior population with a dental visit in the past year has risen 5.3% since 1997, with the largest increase being females 65 and over
- Nearly 30% of aging adults in the U.S. possess untreated tooth decay
- Approximately 25% of 65-74 year-olds are suffering from severe gum disease
This data points to the clear benefits of having dental insurance.
Mature Health Center is here to service all the health insurance needs of the mature individual including routine dental coverage which is not covered by Medicare or Medicare Supplement policies.