Lemon-Garlic Shrimp & Vegetables
Here’s a healthy twist on shrimp scampi. We left out the butter and loaded the dish up with red peppers and asparagus for a refreshing spring meal.
What you'll need:
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil , divided
- 2 large red bell peppers , diced
- 2 pounds asparagus , trimmed and cut into 1-inch lengths
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt , divided
- 5 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 pound raw shrimp , (26-30 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers, asparagus, lemon zest and 1/4 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until just beginning to soften, about 6 minutes. Transfer the vegetables to a bowl; cover to keep warm.
- Add the remaining 2 teaspoons oil and garlic to the pan and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add shrimp and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Whisk broth and cornstarch in a small bowl until smooth and add to the pan along with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring, until the sauce has thickened slightly and the shrimp are pink and just cooked through, about 2 minutes more. Remove from the heat. Stir in lemon juice and parsley. Serve the shrimp and sauce over the vegetables.
Nutrition Per serving: Calories: 227; Carbohydrates: 14g; Fat: 7g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Fat: 7g; Monounsaturated Fat: 4g; Protein: 28g; Cholesterol: 172mg; Dietary Fiber: 4g; Sodium: 618mg;