Vegetarian Chicken and Dumplings
Get your comfort food fix with this healthy, plant-based version of chicken and dumplings.
- 1 pkg. Lightlife chicken strips
- 1 c. sliced carrots
- ½ c. sliced celery
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 bay leaf and garlic, salt and pepper
- 2 cubes vegetable bullion and 3 c. of water
- Sauté chicken strips in oil in large pan with lid.
- Add spices.
- When browned, add carrots, celery and onion.
- Sauté until onion is transparent.
- Add three cups of water and bullion.
- Bring to boil, add bay leaf, then simmer 20 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf.
For dumplings, mix 1½ c. flour, 2 tsp. baking soda, 1 tsp. salt, pinch of dried sage, then cut in 3 T. of shortening. Drop by tablespoon full into hot liquid. Cook 15 minutes covered, 10 more uncovered.